The Duckling manifesto
We are the Ducklings. We are proud, kind, flirty and fun. We try new things even though they give us butterflies. We accept everyone as friends and equals. Drama, aggressive, judgmental and mean people have no place here. We laugh out loud, suggest group adventures and are gentle with each other. We cautiously go (often holding another duckling’s hand) where we haven’t gone before. Integrity, connections, and friendship is our mantra. We are sexy but safe. Activities done with friends are not as overwhelming.
So join us for guided, pressure-free, sensuous outings. Referrals and friends are welcome but they need to buy into our philosophy. Being a duckling enhances relationships, increases intimacy and builds community. We are growing by 5 people a day! Don’t miss out, we are the coolest new social group around.
People in Ottawa are busy. So when date nights and social activities are organized for you you just get to show up have fun and make new friends. Everyone really needs community and the Ducklings are a great place to find people like yourself. So if you are slightly sassy and more irreverent than the usual service club member then we want to meet you.
How We Evolved
Over the last few years we have been teaching courses to couples and singles who want to spice up their sex lives and enhance their relationships. We called these “Suburban Hedonist classes.” Our courses were an introduction to what is out there sexually. The workshops were to offer information on what is possibly available for you to walk the walk in a way that was comfortable for you. We went on a number of field trips from burlesque shows to a visit to Eastern Canada’s most famous dominatrix. Everyone loved them and kept saying “what’s next?” We had both couples and singles joining in. By going places and learning things together, and by sharing the experiences in discussion afterwards, the events became fun instead of scary. We stared to gather (and quack a bit) and we were described as “ducklings”. The name stuck.
We are somewhere between a service group like Rotary and indiscriminate swingers. Safe, integrity, fun, happy, smart, sexy and community are words that describe being a Duckling. Kindness matters and inclusion is important. This is not an indiscriminate hook up group or a place to randomly explore your sexuality. It’s a community of friends. We want everyone to feel welcome, but safety in a fun and sexy environment rates at the top of our mission statement. The Ducklings continue to find our path and have fun doing it.
In the end, it boils down to whether our philosophy for date nights and fun matches yours. If it does, we are thrilled to do the work for you to create events that get you out of the house and laughing with new like-minded friends. We are hoping that you agree and join in. Compared to other clubs, we are an incredible deal. As a group we are unique. And as a philosophy, we are truly the Ducklings.
Over the past year, we have endeavoured to create a group to do fun date nights and activities. So far we have managed to:
- attend a dungeon and dinner tour with Mistress Shira the world-traveling dominatrix
- plan a movie (50 shades) with a dinner and discussion afterwards
- run a pizza and comedy evening (where we laughed our asses off)
- operate 2 boudoir full day sessions with potluck and clothing swap
- run spring and fall Ethical Hedonist courses (where new Ducklings are born)
- organize a laser tag and make-your-own-sundae evening
- run 3 “greet the meat” events on the patio to discover what being a Duckling is all about
- attend 2 K & S meet and greet events as a group
- plan a dinner and Obsession evening
- run a Duckling Only Tribe pasties and pool event
- attend a regular Tribe party, but as a large Duckling contingent (Fun in the pool!)
- run an East Haven naked picnic, pool and dance day. (poolside bartender Dominican style)
- hosted a Duckling group in Orlando at Cypress Cove
- run a wine tasting tour and Duckling mixer (complete with duckling cupcakes)
- run a corn maze and bonfire cookout (streaking through the corn maze)
- participate in a retro “High School” 70’s and 80’s dance (with 30 of us in matching glasses)